Salary: £17,000 - £18,000
Permanent Full Time
BookLife Publishing is an innovative, fast-growing publishing house. We create educational books for children, and we are looking for a new Junior Children's Writer and Editor. This is an excellent opportunity to start or develop your career in publishing as an author and editor.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in our offices in King’s Lynn, Norfolk. You will be part of the Editorial team, working closely with in-house writers and designers to add to our ever-growing catalogue of fiction and non-fiction titles. We are always exploring new product lines, such as our new Graphic Reader range, so this role is perfect for a creative, adaptable individual.
We are looking for a graduate (degrees in English literature/language or similar are preferred) who is capable of writing with a clear, appropriate tone of voice for children's educational content. The ideal candidate will be able to tell engaging stories and transform complex material into accessible children's literature. Strong proofreading skills are also essential, as well as a willingness to learn in a very fast-paced environment. Experience with children is an advantage.
- Writing manuscripts for both fiction and non-fiction books
- Editing manuscripts from in-house and freelance writers
- Generating ideas for new series
- Proofreading educational and promotional material
- General administrative tasks, such as updating metadata and maintaining spreadsheets
- Assisting Marketing by generating and editing content
- Ability to work to a style guide
- Hybrid working with up to two work-from-home days a week
- Flexible hours
- On-site parking
- Company pension
- Sick pay
Monday to Friday
If you are interested, please apply with your CV and cover letter.
We have taken every measure to ensure our employees feel safe in the office. Our COVID-19 precautions include hand-sanitiser stations, spacious desk arrangements and the use of masks when away from the desk.